Message from the AANHCP Board of Directors:
All association officers, instructors/clinicians, and both AANHCP and ISNHCP students are bound by policy and in spirit to adhere to the official AANHCP Oath of Allegiance.
I duly swear before my peers and all others, that according to my ability and judgment, I will keep this Oath:
- I will follow the system or regimen of the Artful Science of Natural Horse Care which has been impressed upon me and so examined by those who have certified my competency, and which, according to my ability and judgment, I consider for the benefit of equines in my care, and abstain from whatever is deleterious and mischievous.
- I will honor the Healing Powers of Nature and advocate no pernicious act or procedure, including any manner of fixed shoeing or orthopedic treatment which impairs the hoof mechanism, obstructs the natural gaits, or causes psychological trauma, upon any equine if asked, nor suggest any such counsel.
- Whatever connected or not connected to my professional services, I see or hear, with respect to the perpetration of serious and inhumane injuries of any equine, including transgressors of my own Art, I will report to the Officers of my Association and the Law, accordingly.
- With purity and with respect for equines in my care, I will live my life and practice my Art. I further pledge to remain respectful of other professionals involved in equine care and maintain confidentiality with my clients.
- While I continue to keep this Oath inviolate, may it be granted to me to enjoy life and the practice of my Art, respected by all persons, in all times. But should I trespass and violate this Oath, may the reverse be my fate.